supermarket social

It took every ounce of mental being for me to get up off the couch, make a grocery list and go to the store. So much that I needed the help of very loud 80's music to stay focused on the road.

Upon my walk in, I ran into Sally (that girl) and had a quick catch up conversation. Right before we parted ways, I saw another familiar face that recognized me first.

I was still on a little bit of a delay, trying to restore mental power exerted earlier in this episode. Ah-ha! Monique's brother.

Later I saw Tom of the Jaws picking out rotisserie chicken. By the time I processed him, he turned away from me. At that point I was on a mission to get out of there as quickly as possible, even with my entry delay. I guess we'll say I supermarket stalked Tom since I didn't get to say hello.

Check out was interesting. I found a not so long line and hesitantly started loading my goods onto the belt. This guy (a kid really) couldn't have been older than 17. It was almost as though he just got promoted from bagger to checker-outer and I was his guinea pig.

denim denim denim

He did, however, immediately begin to geek out once he saw the shirt I was wearing. I was being asked about Mario games I've never heard of and he said he used to watch his DAD play the original Mario when he was a kid. Sigh... Sorry kid, but I'm pretty sure I was playing original Super Mario Bros. before you were a twinkle in your father's eye. I wonder if he would have even recognized my space invaders tee.

Finally I saw "camera two" from our wedding, who called me out on facebook for walking right by him. He actually admitted he's never seen me in anything other than a wedding dress or derby gear so the civilian attire threw him off.

Ahhh... living the life of my altar ego.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Big Fat Sharpie