creole eats

Among the variety of new things I was introduced to in the year that I started my current job was the Creole Tomato and Vidalia Onion "Festival."

This was the gathering of the corporate and the creative to feast on locally grown delectable treats. I was hesitant at first, but immediately after my first bite I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of the power point/clip art fliers announcing the arrival of the next one.

This is the time of year that the tomatoes are oh-so-red and juicy while the onions are nice, white, and sweet. Mash that with four kinds of homemade mayo, strawberry short cake, blueberry salsa and an infinite selection of breads (White (Bunny!), wheat, french, multigrain..) and cheeses (pepper jack, colby jack, cheddar, American, Parmesan, Swiss..) and you've got yourself an office festival! You could very easily manage to never have the same sandwich twice. There was also an unofficial competition to see who could eat the most sandwiches. The record still stands at six, acquired by a mild mannered, small framed, female ex-copywriter.

The last two years have been difficult. We had some layoffs including the home made mayo makers and the clip art flier makers. This hasn't stopped me from indulging at home. Tonight, since the fridge is near bare in preparation for the holiday weekend, I let the hubby have the left overs and I hit up the produce. I added a Pimms cup in honor of the holiday weekend.

creole tomato and Vidalia onion festival with a twist

1 comments:

will said...

I think Pimm's needs to be added because it's summer, not just because of one weekend.

Just sayin'.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Big Fat Sharpie